Buckminster Skeeter: Wanna buy a watch?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Overruled Again

I am somehow quickly losing control of the decision making for our family. After my defeat in the dog naming issue I find myself at the edge of losing once again. This time it's how to landscape the front yard since we just had 3 trees cut down. After they ground the stump they left the mulch piled up over the stump position (I'll move it later to some beds). This looks sort of like 3 raised platforms in our yard.

Here's my proposal:

Statues. Big ones, maybe 15 feet tall. One of John Cleese doing the "Ministry of Silly Walks" pose. Cast iron or perhaps bronze. One of Robert E. Lee. One of NikolaTesla. The yard would be a virtual tribute to my heroes, a shrine of sorts - not that they would be 'graven images', just a respectful display to remind my neighbors of the brilliance and contribution of these men.

Somehow she can't see the art and humor in it.

I lose again - it'll be flower beds and stone walkways.

5 Comments:

Blogger mugwump said...

At least your spouse cares how the yard looks. Mine couldn't care less. We have these god awful gigantic christmas tree looking plants (no they are not in planters, they are actually growing from the ground)on each side of the front steps that keep getting taller and taller! I hate them. I am about ready to take the axe to them myself.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Dr. Metal said...

Don't you even get to compromise? I mean, come on. You should change over from aristarch and confidant to cuckold and lackey.

12:43 PM  
Blogger mugwump said...

I am wondering something. You don't have one of those counter things do you that tells you something like "mugwump has visited this site 18 times today"? Because that would be pretty freakin' embarrassing! So you should just go ahead and tell me so I can "play it off" . I like to go back and re-read what I write sometimes.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Buckminster Skeeter said...

No counter, but thank you for embarrassing yourself unneccesarily.

3:21 PM  
Blogger mugwump said...

My pleasure - embarrassing myself, I have realized, is my forte.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home