Buckminster Skeeter: Wanna buy a watch?

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Waning Philosophical

I have developed ten theories today

Theory I
The propensity of mankind to have dualistic religion is a reflection of mans struggle with the dualism of mind and matter.

Theory II

The mind (metaphysical) does not exist. It is merely the product of mass electrical conduction.

Theory III

Electrical Conduction requires energy- which can neither be created nor destroyed and exists only as a capacity.

Theory IV

The ‘capacity to do work’ (i.e. energy) transcends all matter and space yet maintains omnipresence.

Theory V

The ability for a non-material entity to exist omnipresently and yet not exist in perception hides another layer of reality inconceivable to mankind.

Theory VI

Several layers of reality unknown to man exist- simultaneously independently and conjunctively.

Theory VII

If a layer could be manipulated to exist either independently or conjunctively at will, an entity could choose when to exist in another reality and when to not.

Theory VIII

Such an entity interacting with human beings would appear godlike or alien.

Theory IX

Godlike entities frequent, in various forms of matter and energy, the reality mankind shares

Theory X

Owing to the crude state of sporting undergarments, Civil War soldiers frequently had chaffed balls. The North had better access to textile mills and imports whereby they acquired fresh underwear more frequently than the South. Hence the outcome.

7 Comments:

Blogger mugwump said...

You aren't deep, but you are smart, handsome and damn funny. I guess one cannot have it all.

3:07 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

I forgot to add that in addition to all of those positive qualities, the fact that you just don't give a fuck in general makes me respect you. You can't spell for shit, and you know it and admit it. I think my favorite misspelled word so far is renigged. Dr. Metal, do you have a favorite?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Dr. Metal said...

My favorite misspelling (that isn't) by far is 'misteak'. I spell it that way all the time now, for obvious reasons.

I also like to spell things in the British manner, also for obvious reasons.

6:26 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

Oh, yes, that's interesting, but what I meant was do you have a favorite word that has been misspelled by your friend, the one you call Bucky, and the one I haven't figured out a name for yet. Still need help there. The reason I respect him is because I am SO self-conscious and so self aware that if I were a really bad speller I'd be going to dictionary.com (if that exists) on a daily basis checking every word I write. No one is perfect, of course, and I have my moments of misspelling words, but the point is that I would care and be a bit embarrassed. He couldn't care less.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Buckminster Skeeter said...

current acceptable names for me: Bucky, Buckminster, Mr. Skeeter, Senor Skeeter, B.S., Count Buckulus, Baron von Bucky, Bucky the Lion Bladdered, BuckSkeet, SkeetBuck, or Mother Bucker.

I like the word 'niggardly' very much. Mainly because it sounds offensive and politically incorrect yet it has no inherent racial conotations.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Dr. Metal said...

Similar to my reasons for liking 'scrod'.

8:35 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

Goatsucker would be in my top 5.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home