Buckminster Skeeter: Wanna buy a watch?

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I still can't hear you!

I've never been one to put much stock in fate. It seems unlikely to me that there is some prevailing grid of circumstances, events, and goings-on that each of us navigate throughout our lives. But, oh how we love to believe things are "meant to be". Things just are. Even if you want to credit God or any other deity with pre-ordaining all aspects of existence you'd have to admit that most things are explainable and can be systematically accounted for happening. But even with all my doubts about fate I have come to a situation I feel is so unique that it's a little spooky.

Several weeks ago I was surfing the web (I do not remember what I was specifically searching for) when I ran across the 'longest ear hair' tidbit. I found it amusing and decided to blog about it (August post). Before I stumbled upon this information I had never, to the best of my knowledge, contemplated the worlds longest ear hair and definitely did not seek out any information pertaining to it. At no time had I ever, knowingly, been exposed to pictures, commentary, or descriptions of such a record. So accidentally finding the information on the web and randomly blogging about it should be the farthest limit to the chances of my being exposed to it.

Then fate intercedes..................................

2 days ago I bought my son a kids meal at Wendys - chicken nuggets, for the record. As everyone knows, kids meals always include a prize or toy. His prize was a deck of cards, like trading cards or baseball cards, made by the Guinness Book of World Records. Each card has a picture, description, and fun facts about a Guinness World Record.

Since his little fingers have trouble getting the plastic off the package I opened it for him. I removed the plastic, flipped back the top flap, and thumbed up the first card to find the current Longest Ear Hair record holder, Radhakant Bajpai, starring back at me. I felt a little faint. I quickly sat down and gasped for breath. How is this possible. Out of the ten's of thousands of records logged in the Guinness World Records corporate system how is it that Radhakant happens to be the firstt card, in a pack my son randomly received at one of 1,000's of Wendys locations, that stares me in the eyes. Surely, the divine has interceded in my life. There is something about long ear hair which must play an important role in my life. Perhaps this man, Mr. Bajpai, will personally influence me in some way for the greater good. Perhaps I will someday find a way to trump his amazing 5.2 inches of ear hair and claim the record for myself.

NOTE: For the record - my blog on 8/16, What? I can't hear you through my ear hair, was apparently based on incorrect information as Radhakant Bajpai is the current record holder.

5 Comments:

Blogger mugwump said...

No way - Tyagi rules! This guy has somehow fooled everyone into thinking his thin, fuzzy mullet is growing out of his ears.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Dr. Metal said...

Maybe it means that you have trouble listening. Not hearing, of course, but hearing. Like I've been telling you for years that you're a complete and total loser. You need to start listening.

8:26 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

The anonymous Chinese guy and I have a Bucky fan club in the works. You'll always be a winner with us.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Dr. Metal said...

What!?! Inane.

11:45 AM  
Blogger mugwump said...

Laugh if you want, but it's gonna be huge in China.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home